Do You or Someone You Know Need Help with Rent or Mortgage?
The DCF Office on Homelessness will begin accepting Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAHP) applications on July 6, 2009.
Please do not send applications to the program until 8:30 a.m. Monday, July 6. Any applications received before that time will be denied.
· The household must have at least one child under 18 years of age living there full-time.
· The application must be filled out completely, including Social Security numbers for all family members; monthly income from all sources; a written explanation of the housing emergency; and the signature of the applicant.
· The one-page Vendor Agreement must be completed and signed by the landlord, mortgage company or property owner.
· If the case is approved, a State of Florida check will be mailed directly to the landlord, mortgage company or property owner.
· The program can pay up to $400 once per year for overdue rent or mortgage payments, or for security deposit for a household that is homeless, being evicted, or whose housing has been damaged by fire, hurricane or other natural disaster.
Applications are available online in English, Spanish and Creole at:
www.dcf.state.fl.us/homelessness or by calling 1-877-891-6445.
Fax applications to 1-850-921-2559 or mail to:
Department of Children and Families
Office on Homelessness
1317 Winewood Blvd.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0700
If you have questions, please call 1-877-891-6445.